~reflections~musings~inspirations~insights~and life lessons learned by one who is
whole-heartedly, steadfastly, firmly in HIS grip~

Romans 1:6 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..."


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's been a while...

Wow! It has been almost a month since my last post. Thanks, Brother Jim, for reminding me to get back to one of the things I love the most. I wish I could say that I just got caught up in the chaos of the month but that would not be true. The first part of August was busy as I tried to hold on to my baby boy until the last few seconds before his departure for boot camp and the last couple of weeks have been spent bumbling around in this big old house trying to figure out what I do now. You would be surprised how empty a house can seem when there is no teenager to tell what to do. Laughing here…

Then of course, there was a bit of drama in my family, thanks to my little brother (45 years old!) and his undying love for the "wrong" woman. Let me tell you…it is very hard for a big sister to keep her mouth shut and just love unconditionally when in reality…the worldly part of me…wants to stomp, shout, and maybe even get a little physical. Pastor informed me that to actually hit someone over the head with the Bible is not a good witness and would not actually cause my brother to understand it easier.

Alas, I just wring my hands and tearfully pray for the intervention of my Savior and I know, without a doubt, if my brother would just believe, and come to know HIM, he would find strength and answers for this complicated roller coaster he finds himself riding.

Thankfully, the Spirit of God is strong enough, and my determination and desire to love and follow Christ powerful enough that as I SUBMIT to Him, I am able to be an example for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I look forward to seeing you again!