Our dogs are almost as spoiled as our children were. Here are some things they have taught me over the past few months of retirement. Hope they make you smile as they have me.
• One new roll of bathroom tissue can be spread over 3,000 square feet by a six pound Chihuahua in the thirty minutes it takes to run to the store.
• If your Chocolate Lab is used to being vacuumed…you have to use it on him before you use it on the pellet stove or he will knock you over.
• When a Chihuahua grabs the ice that fell from the ice maker…it will stick to her tongue…and she will run all over the house at the speed of lightening… until she deposits it in a pair of new shoes.
• A Labrador can and will spread three loads of sorted laundry all over a room if left alone for the time it takes to make a pot of coffee.
• If a clean load of whites is left in a basket on the floor for the length of time it takes to post a new entry into a blog…a Chihuahua will find it a great place to take a nap…only after she has rolled in the dirt outside.
• A Chocolate Lab will jump into a freshly filled bathtub if the door is left ajar.
• One-half a roll of fruit flavored Certs left over from church will make an entire ottoman sticky when attempted to be eaten by a Chihuahua.
• When it gets cold outside a queen size bed is not big enough for a Labrador, a Chihuahua, an ex-college linebacker, and a grandmother.
• You can not take a teenagers favorite shirt from his dogs after he leaves for basic training…it is not a pretty sight…if you manage to sneak it from them…they will hunt it down, find it and promptly return it to their bed.
Psalms 17:22 (a) “A cheerful heart is good medicine…”
Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
Psalms 68:3 “But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God, may they be happy and joyful.
1st Thessalonians 5:16 “Be joyful always”
Proverbs 15:13 (a) A happy heart makes the face cheerful