Psalm 8 (NIV)
1)O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens,
2) From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
3) When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which YOU have set in place,
4) What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
5) You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings, and crowned him with glory and honor.
6) You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet:
7) All flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field,
8) The birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the sea.
9) O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
PSALM 9:1,2 I WILL PRAISE YOU, O LORD, WITH ALL MY HEART; I WILL TELL OF ALL YOUR WONDERS. I WILL BE GLAD AND REJOICE IN YOU; I WILL SING PRAISE TO YOUR NAME, O MOST HIGH.
***Just a little attitude adjustment for me this morning. I wonder how it is that we sometimes want to be in control of everything when in reality we have NO CONTROL WHAT- SO- EVER! I mean how can we be in control and be completely submissive? Is that an oxymoron? Or just being a moron? I don't know...
If we simply release the reigns of our life and give them to the Master of this life, the Master of all eternity...then we don't need control...His Spirit will control us...guide us...comfort, keep, protect, and use us...and we will like it!
My prayer today is that I will completely submit and not let fear of the unknown cause me to take up the reigns of my life. For surely when I am in control of the bit in this horses mouth...my path will be wobbly, crooked, and worthless.
Here I am Lord, I am yours and you are mine. YOU are in control. My faith is in YOU!