Susan over at http://penlesswriter.blogspot.com sent this to me. I thought I would share my interview with you all. I love Susan's blog! Be sure to pop over there and check out her interview and the 24/7 prayer blog.
I am interested in seeing YOUR responses either on your blog or in the comments section. God bless and have a great weekend.
1. Where do you get your inner strength? Most definitely from the Lord. I know when I am faced with a difficult situation that if I just give it over to the Lord, He will provide a way out, an answer, comfort, peace. He is all I need. The trick here is to remember that His timing is not my timing and just as was the case with King David...sometimes what seems to be the "logical" response is not always what He sees fit.
2. What is the most important thing you feel you've accomplished in your life so far? Hummmm.... I could say putting myself through college, overcoming an abusive lifestyle, or taking control of destructive habits. However, those things pale into comparison with the accomplishment I feel when looking at my now 30 year old son, Richard. I know it sounds a bit cliche', and that who he has become is based upon his reactions to his own experiences and his personal relationship with Christ...but knowing the life he had as a young child, the damage that could have lasted a lifetime...seeing what God has done with him and the influence he has become to a new generation, leading others to Christ....guiding young believers... pushing them to a deeper relationship with our Savior....how can a mother not count that among her greatest achievements?
3. If time and money were no object what would you do? For sometime I have wanted to open a Christian Cafe' and used bookstore called Second Chance Cafe'. This would be a place where young and old alike would be welcome. A place to grab a bite to eat, read, relax, enjoy music, and experience the Love of Christ. Karaoke night for those who would like to participate, a place for the youth to hang out on the weekends, and the story lady would read books to young children on Saturday mornings or they could enjoy a puppet show in the afternoon. A place where the poor could get free meal and a word of encouragement. A place where the hands of Jesus are extended to both believer and seeker alike. Yep, 2nd Chance Cafe'...feeding you body and soul....ahhhh, again, it is in HIS timing.
4. Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Wherever the Lord leads, I will follow.
5. Who, or what, has had the greatest influence in your life? This is the hardest question to answer, I guess that is why it is last. (smiling here) Our lives are composed of the impact that others make on us...people who give us what we need at a particular point in time, whether it be encouragement, advice, simple love, or a cold shoulder. My father's tough love, my mother's compassion, my sister who wanted so much for me when I was traveling the wrong path, the Navy Lieutenant who believed in me when I barely believed in myself, the little boy who loved his mommy and gave her the guts to move in another direction, the Navy Petty Officer who was a part time preacher and befriended a wild girl looking for something more in life, the husband who took me to church and led me to the Lord...all these people have had a great impact upon my life. I believe God used them to bring me to this point, so that I would be ready, willing, and able to be of His service.