~reflections~musings~inspirations~insights~and life lessons learned by one who is
whole-heartedly, steadfastly, firmly in HIS grip~

Romans 1:6 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..."


Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can You Smell What the Lord's Been Cookin'?

God pays attention to those who call on Him.  Whether He offers escape from trouble or help in times of trouble, we can be certain that he always hears and acts on behalf of those who love HIM.
Psalm 34:
1- I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2- My soul shall make its boast in the Lord. The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
3- Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
In these first three verses we can simply add the words NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT... I will bless the Lord always...I will praise Him continually.
NO MATTER WHAT... I will tell others how marvelous the Lord is... I will testify of HIS love and others will be drawn to Him.
NO MATTER WHAT... Let us come together and worship the God of our salvation, our Redeemer...
Psalm 34:8-18 "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him.  The young lions lack and suffer hunger: but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.  

Come, you children, listen to me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Who is the man who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good?  Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good: Seek peace and pursue it.


The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.  The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.


The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit."
Psalm 34:8 "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man who trusts in Him!"

I love to cook and often come up with my own unique recipes...sometimes it takes a lot of convincing to get my family to try them and sometimes it does not!  If the house is filled with a tantalizing aroma... then the family is quick to get a taste of what might become their new favorite dish.  If the smells coming from the kitchen are, well, less than favorable...I might hear excuses like... "I'm not that hungry." Or... "I had a late lunch." Or.... "I have other dinner plans."

Just like dinner cooking in the kitchen our lives have a particular aroma...
2 Corinthians 2: 15,16 "For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life."
 If we wallow around in woe and self-pity when life is "less than favorable"... what kind of aroma is that?  How many people will miss the glory and mercy of God because of our stinkin' attitude? How many people will think our Lord is "nothing special" because of our actions in our times of trouble simply by the way respond and react to that adversity?  How many people will miss out on salvation?

Instead... let us praise the Lord at all times... NO MATTER WHAT! Let us wait patiently,hopefully, trusting in His will... His way... and let our life beckon to others... "OH, TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD: BLESSED IS THE MAN WHO TRUSTS IN HIM!"

Now, that is a sweet aroma!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I look forward to seeing you again!