It amazes me how the blogosphere can span the distance between states and countries and unite people with similar interests, backgrounds, and hobbies. I think that is what makes this award so special. I pray God blesses you all as we travel the highway of the world wide web and walk the road of life.
This is the special "Proximidade" award. This award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this on-line world (kind of a Six Degrees of Separation sort of thing).
"Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors.This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Now the passing along to eight...I would have bestowed this upon all of you but Trish beat me to some of you and I did not want to repeat the process. You know who you are...:-D
1) Miranda at A Little Room to Grow http://mirandabrown.blogspot.com/. This college girl has a heart that is on fire for God and I mean ON FIRE! Her posts get me reved up and inspired!
2) Joyful Sister at Encouragement From My Heart http://encouragementfrommyheart.blogspot.com/ All the way over in Hawaii, my favorite duty station of all time! Her poetry and posts do just that...encourage my heart.
3) Dorothy at Counting My Blessings http://mawdot.blogspot.com/. Dot is so creative and a great photographer! I definitely count having her as my bloggy buddy among my blessings.
4.) My grandson, Hunter, http://myhuntingandschoolblog.blogspot.com/ Hunter always read what I posted and wanted to have his own blog. After getting permission from his parents and with a little help from Granna, he now has a place to share his own stories. His site is not too bad for a seven-year-old!
5) Granola Chic at So What CAN He eat? http://granolachicslife.blogspot.com/
Granola is a local gal, mother of two, part-time college student...preparing to run the Little Rock Marathon. Her courage and love for the Lord and her family is definitely present in her writings.
6) I almost left him out! Chaplain Carey of Carey's Corner http://chaplaincarey.blogspot.com He gives me a good daily dose of God's word. He is an ex-firefighter turned chaplain. And...since I did go to firefighting school in Pensacola for the US Navy...and did a bit of firefighting myself...we have a natural bond of brotherhood on two fronts. "Chappy" know we are all praying for a positive outcome for your battery of tests this week!
7) The incomparable Millennium Housewife http://millenniumhousewife.blogspot.com/ All the way from "across the pond." Her wit and wisdom always make me laugh. Her blog is by far one of the funniest I read.
8) And last but definitely not least...my newest friend Indian Lake Papa (and Mama) at Choices R Mine http://choicesrmine.blogspot.com/ Fellow Nazarenes and Sunday School Teacher. Their blog is a wonderful and insigtful read. I look forward to getting to know them better.
I LOVE each of these blogs. Please be sure to stop by thier places in your travels in "Bloggy Land."
So.. n.ow, go forth and spread good cheer to eight others and in the words of Tiny Tim..."God bless us, everyone!"